Sunday, January 17, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 



It was another busy go week with over 30 hours of activity. The Clossius Live Stream came in with the most time due in part because of a 24 hour live steam from Friday through Saturday. I tuned in for some of the stream late Friday night and again for about the last three hours after a good night’s sleep.


Live Play took up over six hours with my two YD games consuming over two of those hours. I managed to get in my eight games this week, but I had to play three of them on Friday and three of them on Saturday. The Saturday games went late into the night with the last game ending shortly before midnight. I fell down on game review this week, but I intend to review those games early this week.

I wanted to play most of my games on KGS this week, but when time got short I decided to go back to OGS to get my last three games in.

My user names are buzzsaw, goddess, and fearless.

Links are to OGS for all games. KGS games appear to score in a strange way.

Here are the games for the week of  1/10/2021 to 1/16/2021:

Loss     1/12     OGS     larrymstar71-buzzsaw       W+R

Win      1/13     KGS     kjhoiu-buzzsaw                 B+0.5

Win       1/15    KGS     goddess-dillon            W+1.5    (EYD Game)

Loss      1/15    KGS     raindog-buzzsaw         W+5.5    (AYD Game)

Win       1/15    KGS     plenty-buzzsaw               B+47.5  (YDFL)

Loss       1/16    OGS    Xinhauanese-buzzsaw        W+20.5

Loss       1/16    OGS    buzzsaw-seantoshi1         B+89.5

Win        1/16    OGS    buzzsaw-seantoshi1            W+20.5


I ended up putting two games up on OGS with 25 minutes of basic time and 5 periods of 30 seconds of byo yomi with AGA rules just to see if anyone would take them. They ended up being taken by the same guy. They are the last two games listed. He beat me the first time by a great deal, and he lost the second time. I friended him on OGS.

I intend to do more Tsumego.

I also intend to get my games played earlier in the week and to spend time reviewing them.

I am off to a good start because today was an EYD weekend and I have a league game in already for the week.

I am looking forward to my lesson on Wednesday.

No comments: