Sunday, January 03, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 



I spent a good deal more time on go activities this week than usual at 26 hours, but that was because I spent a significant amount of time on Twitch and YouTube watching Clossius on his live stream. I was also checking out some of his videos for beginning players. I made mention of this in a midweek post earlier.

I was successful in meeting my goal of playing eight games this week. Seven were played on KGS, and one was played on OGS. I’ve uploaded them all to AI-Sensei and have also uploaded them to OGS. I binge played one night this week getting in four games. One of my accounts, fearless, was 4k? For a couple weeks. I managed to get that account down during my binge. Fearless settled in at 6k where I believe it belongs. Later in the week I demoted my buzzsaw account to 6k as well.

Because most of my games were auto match, and two of them were resignations, I did not spend a great deal of time per game on average. I spent only 27 minutes per game. My two games with YD opponents were longer than the auto match games.


On the plus side I spent more time reviewing my games than playing them, but that was largely due to a long review with a friend who spent an hour and half on one game that he played with me. He is also YD.


My task for today is to go back over those games to choose one to send to Shawn Ray (Clossius) so he can review it as one of the four games I will have reviewed this month. I have a free league game from YD that I might use. It is with a player who is stronger than myself whose style is more aggressive than my own, so it might be useful to see how I might have done better against this particular opponent. I gave Shawn a copy of my latest Personal Report from YD so he will know the areas on which I need to work.

Monday the 29th season of YD begins. I am looking forward to it. We have at least three new players in the D league. It is always exciting to welcome new players near my level.

1 comment:

Phil Straus said...

Hi Terri,

How do you make the time log?

Thanks,

Phil