Thursday, April 11, 2024

Editing My Yang Lessons


I've been spending a considerable amount of time editing my Yang lessons to make them easier to review later.  I do my editing in CGoban.  When I edit my games I add the letter A whenever a comment is made about the next move.  I also add comments of my own which I set off from the lesson comments using double lines. Part of editing involves shifting comments to their proper location.  Sometimes a comment needs to be moved to make sense.




Once I have edited my lessons, I like to view them in Smart Go Kifu or SmartGo One.  The big advantage of viewing my lessons in SmartGo is that any coordinates typed into the game file are translated into letters for me.  Compare the image below from Smart Go Kifu  to the CGoban image above. Notice the addition of letters in place of coordinates. It makes reviewing so much easier.



See also the image below from SmartGo One on the iPad. I like to use the iPad in portrait mode because it allows me to show more depth for the game tree.


It is even possible to make a book out of my go lessons with Yang.


Ignore the error message. It has something to do with the date being read by the program.  It is nothing to worry about.

Later in the lesson...


The diagrams can be clicked through just like any other book created for GoBooks.

I'll be continuing to edit my lessons with Yilun Yang to get the most out of them.


Now for my usual Go Activities Content:




It was an average week for Go Activity with over 19 hours spent.  I played very few games this week.  All of them were league games.



No comments: