Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A Look Back at the Last Four Years of Go Activities

 


The image above represents the proportion of time I spent on various activities in the more than four years that I have been recording the time I spend studying go.  I use an IOS app called Now Then.

Yesterday I decided to take a look at my top ten activities starting from the lime green section at noon and going clockwise around the beach ball.


I was pleased to see that Live Play was my number one activity.



Since I have joined BenKyo League I really enjoy watching other league members play so it is no surprise at all that Watching Others Play came in second.



In third place we have Spaced Repetition Problems which are the problems I do for the Internet Go School.



In fourth place we have BenKyo Live Stream.  I'm not surprised because Ben has had some pretty long special event streams in the past couple years.



In Fifth place we have Clossius Live Stream. 



A big surprise was YD Game Review at 6th place.  When I think about it though I was devoting about an hour and a half weekly to attending YD Game Reviews nine months out of the year, so it should not have been such a surprise to find it in 6th place.



In seventh place is Tsumego 101 Weiqi.  I've slacked off a bit with the tsumego practice and I need to pick it up again.



Clossius My Lessons comes in at eighth place.



Reviewing My Games comes in at ninth place. This was another big surprise.  I don't feel as if I spend enough time reviewing my games, so I was surprised that it even made the top ten.



Last, in tenth place among the top ten comes BenKyo Private Lessons.  There is a reason for that.  I started lessons with Clossius a full year before I started lessons with Ben.

Perhaps a year from now I will take a look at the top ten for just a year and see if they have changed.



Now for my usual Go Activities Content, a look at the last week:





It was a very busy week for Go Activity with over 26 hours spent.

I played a total of 16 games, two of which were simul games with In-seong Hwang.




No comments: