Sunday, June 13, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 


This week I put in a little over 50 hours on Go Activities. I fell short of my goal of 20 games because I had to clean the house and do other preparations for a two week visit from family which is coming up soon. In spite of that, I still managed to play a respectable 15 games. You can see my list of games for the week in my spreadsheet.

I added two new categories to my activities this week. I did that to fine tune the time I spend on all things Clossius. These new categories also help to obscure the amount of time I am actually spending on Clossius related activities. For those who are curious it came to over 14 hours this week. 



There are now five Clossius activity categories. Clossius Lesson (Others) is new. I watch the lessons of two of my fellow YD members who are also Clossius students, and I decided to give that activity its own category rather than counting the time under Clossius Patreon, YouTube



Another new category is Clossius Group Class. This class is something new that Clossius is doing for Patrons at the $25.00 tier level. Being at a higher lesson tier I will get this benefit as well. The first month of classes is free for everyone as details are worked out. I not only participate in the class live, but I find it valuable to review the class through the recorded video the next day. We are practicing stone visualization, so being able to pause the video to concentrate on where the stones are supposed to be can be helpful.



Now for the important stuff:

My rated win loss ratio is 4:6    (40% Wins)

 20:18    Essential Go Activities  

 7:49      38%    Live Play

 7:15      36%    Go Problems

 5:14      26%    Game Review

 

I'm having family visit for two weeks. Therefore I am cancelling my next two lessons with Clossius and cutting down on go activity for the next two weeks. I will be playing my league games.  I also hope to participate in the Clossius Group Class either live or by watching it after the fact. 

I'll be back to taking lessons with Clossius in July.




No comments: