Sunday, June 20, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 



I engaged in over 33 hours of go activities this week, which is low for me. I have company in the house for two weeks, so I cancelled my next two go lessons and cut way back on game play this week, playing only four games. I am amazingly happy not playing. This week I only played my required league games for AYD and the Clossi League plus a teaching game with Clossius during my lesson on Tuesday.


I stole moments from family time to watch others play, to watch videos when possible, and to review my own lesson as well as the lessons of my friends. I pretty much kept up with my go problems, which I consider my most essential go activity.



I created a new category this week because I was teaching my grandson how to play go. He is visiting for two weeks. I set up an account for him on OGS. The first few games he played I coached him a bit. Then I told him it was time to start learning from his mistakes. He played so I could not see the game in progress because we learned that I can’t help but butt in if I can see what he is doing. We review the games after they are played. I am hoping that he keeps up with this after he returns home.

I’m not going to bother sorting out essential go activity from non essential go activity this week.

My goal next week is to spend time catching up on YD game reviews.

No comments: