Friday, December 21, 2007

Going To The OZA in Baltimore

I was on the fence about this for a few weeks, but I finally decided that I am really going to the OZA in Baltimore this year. This will be my first time at the OZA, so I am really excited. It will also be my first tournament since starting my lessons with Mr. Yang again. I notice that there are a good number of players near my strength (11 kyu) already registered for the OZA, and that can only get better as the event approaches. This was not true when I first considered going. At that time I would have been pretty much alone at the bottom of the field. It was looking pretty lonely in the double digit kyus, but now I have plenty of company. It seems I can look forward to even games after all.

I can also look forward to finally meeting the primary inspiration for my go blog, NannyOgg from KGS, who is the author of the Shodan Challenge blog, a link to which has been in my list of links since the inception of my blog, along with Chiyo Dad's blog link. Nanny has been an inspiration as she has detailed her journey to Shodan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

This is an awesome Christmas Eve present to read about your decision!

I am very much looking forward to meeting you in person, after knowing you online for a few years.

Nanny

Terri said...

Thanks. I am very excited about it too. I can hardly wait for the OZA. It is going to be quite a big event.

Terri

Xiaoding said...

I asked some folks at the club, (Raleigh, NC), and they said there are usually 400 or so people there, so lower rank is not a problem! (14k myself)