Friday, December 15, 2023

Listening to the Star Point Podcast


I have recently started to listen to the Star Point podcast produced by Justin Oh. I listen to it through the Apple Podcast app, but I am sure you can find it on your preferred podcast app.

I was surprised to enjoy listening to someone talk about Go, Baduk, Weiqi without any reference to visuals of any kind. Since I intend to continue to listen to Star Point I decided to create a sub category for it under my Miscellaneous Study category where I list activities for which I do not plan to have sub categories.


I'd like to explain a change in the way I am naming my blog posts moving forward. Previously I would title each blog post beginning with "My Week of Go Activities". I would then add to the title anything extra I was blogging about that week, and I would begin my blog with that extra content. Moving forward I will simply title my posts with the additional content and no mention of Go Activities which I will continue to add at the bottom of my post. I am doing this because I am sharing my blog posts on the AGA web site where there is a limit to the number of characters I can use for a title.

Now for my usuals Go Activities content:


I put in nearly 12 hours on Go Activity last week which is very low for me.  I did manage to bring in Live Play at the top position with nearly three hours of time spent.






I played six games last week, one of which was a teaching game during a lesson with Yilun Yang, 7p. Of the remaining games, four were League Games, and one was the correspondence game I started with someone I met at the Princeton Go Club when I attended their special teaching event last month.

I was lucky to kill something in that game. The black group on the bottom died early in the game. I am white. I am not a fan of correspondence play especially not rated, but I enjoyed this game.


I am still taking a break from play insofar as I am not seeking out any games. I am only playing the games that are scheduled with me in leagues I am committed to. I am also playing teaching games with teachers when I have lessons. I'm able to get away with this lower level of activity for a while because I don't have lessons scheduled with Clossius during most of December on account of the Holiday season. It is a nice break for me, and even with the break I played six games this week. I suspect that is more than most casual players play.

I might log into Fox and play a few games in the coming week. I will need games for Clossius for our next lesson scheduled for December 29th. That gives me two weeks to get enough games together for two hours of game review with him.

I hope my readers are having a happy Holiday season.

No comments: