Friday, July 07, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: Ready for the Congress

 



This image is cropped from a much wider panoramic view of players from last year's U.S. Go Congress. You can find me in the back near the top. I am the gray haired woman sitting down with a guy in a black shirt standing behind me.


This year the Congress is being held at Kent State University near Cleveland. I will be leaving tomorrow morning. I'm very excited.

I've been quite busy this week cleaning and preparing the house for company. My daughter and grandson are coming to stay with my husband while I am gone so he will not be alone for a whole week so not a lot of Go Activity happened this week. I actually had to fit in five Fox games last night so I would have material for my lesson with Clossius today. I hope I have enough games for two hours.

This was a slow week for Go Activity. I didn't even break 16 hours, but that is because I was so busy preparing for my trip to the Congress.



With Live Play coming in at nearly four hours I spent an average of 30 minutes on each game I played. The AYD games took a good chunk of that time though, perhaps even half of it.





I played eight games this week. Three of them on Tuesday and five of them on Thursday. I won all of my games but one of the AYD games which I lost by 3.5 points.

I am very much looking forward to the Congress this year. If you are a reader of my blog and you are attending the Congress please come up to say hello to me even if we have never met before. I'd be happy to show you the app I use to keep track of my Go Activities if you are interested.

I have no plan yet for the Congress except to have fun.
I may not even bother to record my Go Activity while I am there.
We'll see.

No comments: