Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Another Game Reversal Due to End Game Trouble



I was losing this game up until I played move 77 in the upper left. Black made the mistake of answering at e19 (a). Black should have given up the one stone and answered at b18 (b). If so, he would have easily kept his win in the bag.

After I played atari on the two black stones, black connected. Then I connected at b19, black threw in at a17, but it didn't help.

This is what happened.



I actually should be ashamed for playing move 87. Black has to play at d19 (a) before he can atari at a19 due to a shortage of liberties.

Though I did shamefully play at 87,  I did leave the position alone after that until later in the game when it was necessary to take. 

This game is still in process, but black is behind by about 18 points with only a few end game moves left to make. We were actually playing in real time when these exchanges took place.

I used to be the one falling for this kind of sequence in the end game. It feels good to be able to do it to someone else now.


No comments: