Tuesday, August 08, 2023

My Week of Go Activity: Alpha Testing Tsumego Dragon

 


One of my teachers, Shawn Ray, perhaps better known as Clossius, is developing a Tsumego App. It is called Tsumego Dragon. It is currently in the Alpha stage. He has nearly 100 people helping to test the app as he builds it. 

In the image above you can see that I am number six on the leaderboard for the month. The app works on both the desktop and also on mobile. It looks really nice on the iPhone.

You can currently use the app for free, but if you care to become a paid member and help to defray the costs of development, you can join for the price of $4.00 a month now during the Alpha stage. If you do you will be grandfathered at that low price even after prices increase during Beta and beyond.

Shawn may have plans to allow some free use of the app after it is fully developed. Perhaps a certain number of problems a day, or a free trial period, or some such restriction. 

Problems are largely geared to approximately the 9k level as many of Shawn's students are near that level. That is great for me because I am 9k OGS.

I have Tsumego Dragon front and center in my collection of Go Apps on my iPhone.



Now for my usual Go Activities information:


I spent nearly 21 hours on Go Activities last week.


Haha. I created a new Activity for Tsumego Dragon. But I named it Tsumego Dragoon. I have since changed it, but I am going to leave the mistake here for a laugh.


I only played five games last week. I did win all but one of them, and that one game was a 0.5 loss, so it was a good week for wins.

I've been asked to play more games and I have already played nine games this week and I have two more days left in my week. I think I will shoot for 15 games.

I was disappointed that my NAOL Game which was the 0.5 loss did not get reviewed for NAOL. The one from the first week wasn't a great one to review, the one from last week would have been so much better. I got Clossius to review it during my lesson on Friday. 

My goal for this week is to play a great many even Title Tournament games for the BenKyo League. Seven of the nine games I have already played fit that description. I was asked by Ben to play stronger players even. But in order to not be selfish I post an offer for an even game with any rank. That way weaker players who want to play stronger players even can take that offer if they want. 

Clossius told me in our last lesson that he can tell that I am feeling more confident, and I believe that I am. 

No comments: