Friday, September 23, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Shared Go Lesson Taught by BenKyo Baduk

 


I did better logging time for Essential Go Activities this week. I logged nearly eight hours and over five of them were devoted to Live Play. I put in another 16 hours on Non Essential Go Activities which included lessons and watching videos.



I played six games and won only two of them, but they were both by resignation. The four games I lost were all very close, one of them a 0.5 loss. So I felt that I had a good week.

I could have played more games, but I got tied up with a long lesson Thursday night.




Ben Mantle tried something new with me and a player very close to my level who is a good friend of mine. We shared a lesson which went a little over three hours. We each used 90 minutes of our time for the lesson and got a game reviewed. In addition to that we ended up discussing some life and death situations. It was an interesting way to study together. The other player and I have been sharing our lesson video links with each other since we started taking lessons with Ben, so it was logical that he would come up with the idea of combining our lessons to see how it would go. I'd consider doing it again on occasion. It might be really good as a public stream where we use our Twitch Time.

Anyone considering lessons with Ben should check out his Patreon Tiers. There you can see what all of the Tiers have to offer. I recommend Tier 3 as the best starting point. If you join at that level you get three group lessons a month and nearly unlimited league play.

No comments: