Friday, September 17, 2021

My Weekly Go Activities

 



This week was light on Go Activity. I had only a little more than 23 hours. I consider myself to have lost a week of go study by attending an online conference for five days, so I am going to add up games from last week and this week and consider them one week with one week lost.  

I have ten games to show since my last lesson.

Unfortunately it has been a really bad week, and I was unable to win a single game this week. However, every game played in the past two weeks fell within the "feel good" loss margin of 25 points, so they are all colored green on the game link column.


All but one of the games this week were played as black with the Points Lover Fuseki.  I am either doing poorly playing this opening or I am getting into trouble in the middle game, but I am losing. 

The game played on Fox is unavailable for review because I was unable to download it.

Intensive work on go problems has continued as shown below. 



Once the week is over I repurpose the spreadsheet above for the next week and move the total figures to a chart I am using to keep track of problems and games for the remainder of the year.



I'll admit to being a down about my game results this week. However, I am just going to continue to use the Points Lover Fuseki, at least in the games I play on OGS. I've dropped to 7 kyu. I'm not going to let myself care if I drop to 8 kyu. I'm sticking with this for a while. My plan is to put together an sgf file with Points Lover opening games in it and learn from it.


No comments: