Monday, December 21, 2020

My Week of Go Activities

 



Last week was very light on go activity at less than 13 hours. I was pleased though that I spent most of my time on Live Play, and that I completed all eight of the games I promised myself I would play each week.

I attribute part of the reason for the reduced time spent on go activities to be that we are on a month long break from the YD. Ordinarily I would have a few hours of game reviews from YD and I might watch a lecture or two. Rather than watching lectures I am spending my time gaining Game Experience.

The first seven games this week were played on OGS. Up to this point I had mostly played Correspondence Games on OGS except for a few tournaments such as the Canadian Open and the National Go Center Fall Tournament, as well as the Virginia Open. In all of those events I felt as though the quality of play from my opponents was good. All of the games were reasonable. Nobody went “off the rails”.

Unfortunately, I did not feel good my OGS games this week. There were so incredibly few games available to me. I put a couple offers up, but I would have expected to see more offers available. 

I think I am going to stick with KGS for serious play as much as possible. I might even try playing on PandaNet.

Here are my games this week on OGS.



My last game of the week was played on KGS with another member of the American  Yunguseng Dojang. In fact, we submitted the game as a Free League game for the Dojang.




One of the things I definitely need to do more of is reviewing my games. I intend to do more of that this week. Another thing I hope to improve is getting in one game per day. Last week I started out well with a game early in the week. Then I procrastinated and needed to get in the remaining seven games during the last three days of the week. So far this week I have gotten in a game the first two days of the week. So far so good.


No comments: