Saturday, January 01, 2022

My Week of Go Activities

 





It was a light week for go activity with just shy of 26 hours. Live play came in at the number one spot with more than six hours. A good portion of that time (nearly three hours) was spent playing a simul game in live stream with BenKyo. He was playing a good many other players with generous time limits, so I spent most of that time thinking on his time, not that it helped me much. I ended up resigning that game because I was behind by over 25 points. It was an even game with an OGS 6 dan, so it was to be expected that I would lose badly.


However, checking with AI Sensei the next day I was pleased to see that I had actually played well for my level. I am 7k on OGS, but I have my slider set to show 6k mistakes.

Check it out!


There were no 6k mistakes. That lead me to see just how far I would need to adjust the slider to detect a mistake for black in this game.


It turns out that I have two 2k mistakes.

The fist one really cost me.



I am going to start posting my stats for go problems on a weekly basis. I generally do nearly 1,000 Spaced Repetition Problems on the Internet Go School web site. They are listed in the GJ column. GJ stands for Guo Juan. When Clossius suggested I do fewer go problems I found myself cutting down on the 101 Weiqi problems which I did not really want to do. I am going to be trying to get in between 1,500 and 2,000 problems per week moving forward. I think it is important in developing my reading skills to focus on the 101 Weiqi problems. Ideally I would like to do 700 problems from 101 each week.



The year has come to an end, so it is time to look at how many games I have played for the year.

I played 471 games this year which is an average of 9 games per week. I want to raise that to a minimum of 520 games in 2022 for an average of 10 games per week. Maybe I can do even better than that. I am going to try to increase the number of rated games I play. At least half of my games should be rated.

No comments: