Friday, January 07, 2022

My Week of Go Activities




I spent nearly 22 hours on Go Activities this week. A third of that time was spent on Live Play.



I did fewer Go Problems this week than usual, coming in at under 1,000 problems for the first time in a long time. I really have to spend more time on 101 Weiqi next week. 



I had an exceptionally good week. I played ten games. More than half of them were rated. I had seven wins and three losses. My largest loss was 2.5 in a game where I had to give handicap. The other two losses were 0.5 games. Look at all that "feel good" green! I think this might be the first week ever that I had an entirely green column for my games links.  It might be the last since I am going to be playing ten or more games a week moving forward.


I played five games in the BenKyo League this week. I am currently leading in the league, and hope to play as many games as possible before the end of the month. The league is handicapped which is interesting because I hardly ever take or give handicap by choice. Ben is encouraging rated games so I am playing rated with those who are willing. This seems to be helping with my fear of playing, and it is definitely helping with meeting my goal of playing at least half of my games rated.

I am riding the line between 8k and 7k on OGS which effects handicap in my league games. We are allowed to play the same person twice in the league, and something funny happened. I played someone when he was 2k and I was 7k and I got five stones. I dropped to 8k and thought I would get six, but when we played he had dropped to 3k, so it was still a five stone game. Funny.

I'm having my first lesson with Ben next Thursday and hope to rack up a few more league games between now and then.




No comments: