Friday, January 28, 2022

My Week of Go Activities: I Jumped to Tier 7 of BenKyo Patronage

 



It was an active week with nearly 30 hours of Go Activity. The BenKyo Live Stream once again dominated my time.


I played eight games this week, and they took a little over a half an hour on average. They were a bit fast because they were mostly BenKyo League Games with 20 minutes of basic time.



Six out of eight of my games were BenKyo League games this week. The league is handicapped so these games necessitated the addition of a new column on my spreadsheet. I now record the number of handicap stones for each game.




You will see that I gave 9 stones in two games this week and 7 stones in another two games. The pink highlighted cell in the Rank column indicates that I fell from 7k to 8k as a result of three losses in a row this week. I am not concerned.

Look at all of those BenKyo League games!




All but one of my games this week was colored "Feel Good Green" in spite of the fact that I lost five out of eight of my games. The one big loss I had was an AYD Game where I had essentially killed an invasion but failed to pull back one line as I finished blocking it off. Big mistake. Live and learn.



You can see my shame here: SashaOtter-buzzsaw




The sad truth is that I nearly played the correct move in the game. I beat myself up about it for a while, but not for long. I am getting a lot better about moving forward emotionally after a bad loss.




My Go Problems suffered this week as a result of putting my attention on the January BenKyo League. I was intent on trying to schedule as many games as possible. I'd like to win the league at least once for the glory.



No comments: