Friday, December 24, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 


I took a bit of a break from Live Play this week, but it was a week full of Go Activity. I clocked in over 35 hours. 


The BenKyo Live Stream came in at the number one position.



My winning streak in the Canadian Open was broken. I had increased my record to 6:0 on Sunday, but met my match on Monday when I played ucdavis. He took me down with a loss of 18.5. 


I only played four games this week. They are the four games at the bottom of the above screen capture of my spreadsheet. Part of the reason for lack of activity was because my lesson was scheduled a day early due to the holidays. Most of the reason was that I was just spending so much more time on other go activities, and I was avoiding Live Play.

I included the previous week in the screen capture to show that I have an active link in my spreadsheet to a BenKyo Twitch Stream review of a League Game I played with Kdar. He submitted the game to Ben to review in fulfillment of a 45 minute live stream Patreon Benefit. It turns out that Ben was exceedingly generous with his time on this review and spent a little shy of three hours doing it. He clipped the review as a highlight from his VOD so it will continue to be available here.

I enjoyed my lesson with Clossius this week. Because I had so few games to review I lined up my buddy Drewch to play a shadow go game with me. When I suggested it to Clossius he was very enthusiastic for us to proceed to play against Drewch. This was different from a usual shadow go game because the opponent was fully aware of what was happening to him. I insisted on generous time limits because I really wanted to be able to discuss things in detail with Clossius and I knew that Drewch would patiently wait for his turn to move. 


Above is the point in the lesson when Clossius said, "Just don't die."

When the lesson time came to an end I resigned the game even though Clossius and I were ahead. Then Clossius gave us some overtime to click through a few variations he had been considering during the game. It was great fun for Drewch and me. Clossius appeared to have had a good time. It was live streamed, so I hope the observers enjoyed it too.

One thing that became apparent from this lesson is my lack of reading ability. More go problems for me!

Breaking News!!!

I played my final game of Canadian League, and I won it. I finished with a record of 7:1.

No comments: