Friday, October 01, 2021

My Weekly Go Activities

 



I put in over 35 hours on Go Activities this week. At the top of the list was Clossius Lesson (Others), which is watching the go lessons of my fellow Clossius students. I had a Clossius Lesson Festival, spending nearly seven hours watching go lessons.


I tried to get ten games played this week, but came in short at eight games with four wins and four losses for a 50% win rate.

Last night it came down to a choice between getting in those last two games or getting 700 go problems for the week from the 101 Weiqi site. I chose go problems over playing because I really need to improve my reading.



My last game of the week had a Trouble Master that I missed. If my reading had been up to snuff I surely would have seen it. Even without seeing it all the way through, I should have invested two stone that would cost me nothing because they needed to be answered. Once they had been answered I would have easily seen the continuation. 

This was actually a pretty good game even though I lost it by 3.5. A friend of mine who observed the game commented that I had played a lot of active moves and had attacked things. There was a life and death situation with the e2 group that I failed to see. I don't think it was obvious though. When I finally attacked it I chose the wrong point to go in.


The Game

My goal for next week is to try for ten games. 

I will continue to do 700 problems on 101 Weiqi. 

No comments: