Friday, October 29, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 




It was a relatively light week for Go Activity with only about 34 hours. A good deal of that times was spent on Live Play.


I had to work extra hard to achieve my new goal of a minimum of five rated games because I played three league games and four tournament games this week. None of those games were rated on the go servers, though the Canadian Open counted toward my Canadian rating which is 8 kyu.

I played two rated games on OGS on Monday, and ranked back up to 7 kyu with the first game.

Since Fox decided to work for me again, for no apparent reason I might add, I logged in on the last day of my week, Thursday, to play three rated games. I met my goal of five rated games.




During my lesson last week I got Clossius to say something he has never said to a student before. He told me to do fewer go problems. Granted, I had done over 2,000 go problems the previous week, and I had played precious few rated games. It wasn't so much that he objected to the go problems. He just felt that my time would be better spent playing more games.

You can see below that I cut down on go problems. I stopped after topping 1,000.






Below is the start of my effort to rank up from my new 6k status on Fox. I have two losses and one win. The win was a resignation. I was ahead by about 9 points anyway, but I managed to cut off a group of stones and kill them. Resignation followed quickly.




No comments: