Friday, September 24, 2021

My Weekly Go Activities

 



It was a good week for Go Activity with over 36 hours. For the first time ever perhaps Live Play came in with the most amount of time spent. That was followed by time spent on the 101 Weiqi web site doing go problems.

I managed to hit my minimum target of ten games, seven of which were rated with a 6:4 win loss ratio.

All but one of my games fell into the "feel good" margin of loss. Games 4 and 8 were played way too fast. I have to be more mindful of my speed of play. They were both played with the same player. In conversation after the second game I came to find out that he is a Spectator Member of the European Yunguseng Dojang. We chatted, and I friended him. He did admit to playing fast so his opponents would play fast. Maybe he feels he can handle fast play better than others. The results suggest that he can. I obviously can't. I got sucked into his rate of play.

I did force myself to play this week with mixed results. I am trying to build the habit of playing in order to increase the number of games I play which is why I forced myself to play. If I get some bad results because I am not in the mood to play, I am just going to have to accept that.


My emphasis on Go Problems has continued. I completed over 1,000 problems on the 101 Weiqi site this week. I feel really good about that.



No comments: