Friday, September 03, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 




This was a particularly active week with over 43 hours of Go Activity. Watching Others Play dominated the week. I played only eight games this week which is two short of my minimum. However, I spent over six hours playing those games largely because some of them were serious games. Three of the games were league games, and I won two of them. The one league game I lost was by only 1.5 points. I am currently undefeated in the MGA League.

I got a review from Clossius for the league game that I lost. He made it clear that this game came down to cutting points. I am not seeing the weaknesses of my opponent. Interestingly enough my opponent was not seeing her weaknesses either. 


My goal for this week was to do more problems on the 101weichi web site. I completed an average of 100 problems a day for a total of 700 problems this week. Because I keep track of how much time I spend doing problems I was able to calculate that I spent 26 seconds on average per problem.


In addition to the problems on the 101 site I am also keeping up with my Spaced Repetion problems on the Guo Juan Internet Go School. I do at least 150 problems a day there, so I did about 1050 additional go problems this week. I'm not lumping the Spaced Repetition problems in with the 101 problems though because they are different.

My goal for next week is to increase the number of games played to at least ten if not more. I will continue with the work on 101 Weichi.


No comments: