Sunday, May 09, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 


I put in a little over 44 hours on Go Activity last week.

While I only played eight games, my Live Play category came in at nearly six hours. That is because my two free games were both quite long. A free Fisher Time game came in at over two hours, no thanks to me, since I ended that game with about 30 minutes on my clock, after starting with just 10 minutes of basic time.  It was 10 minutes to start with 30 seconds added per move played. I am familiar with Fisher time from playing in the New Jersey Open, yet I believe the settings were quite different with a larger main time and a much smaller number of seconds added per move. 30 minutes + 10 seconds comes to mind. My AYD League game came in at about an hour and a half. So these two games took up more than half of my game playing time.

The big news for the week is that I won my 2nd Round League game in AYD against the highest rated player in my league. He is an opponent who had beaten me in all five of the games we had played previously in AYD. 

I used the Chinese opening in our game, and I managed to keep an invasion on the right side from living. Here is the game for anyone who is interested. I made a thin move in the upper left that went unpunished. I should have known better. 

I had checked KGS analytics before we played. Here are the results after we played. All of our previous games had actually been quite close though I had lost them all.

Now for the important stuff...

8 Games Played (rated and NR)

OGS - Ranked Up to 7k


Essential Go Activities:     
19:07 (hours : minutes)
Nearly half of total time spent. (over 44 hours)

5:49       31%      Live Play
7:18       38%      Go Problems
6:00       31%      Game Review



Win/Loss Ratio OGS Rated
4:1      80% wins

Win/Loss Ratio All Rated
5:1      83% wins


No comments: