Sunday, May 30, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 



This week I put in more than 47 hours on Go Activities. My spreadsheet can be viewed here.

I increased my games to seven which is up slightly from last week. It is not as many games as I would like to play, but I am still a little afraid to play. I am seriously thinking of playing “secretly” for the game experience. In-Seong suggested to another player in YD during review last week that he do just that.

All but one of my games was rated this week, and they were all played on KGS.

I lost my first game in the D1 league. That is not surprising given the fact that the first game of the cycle pits the top player in the league against the lowest player in the league.  So someone who came down is playing against someone who came up. I am the weakest player in the league and will, therefore,  lose all ties based on initial placement.

It was superior initial placement that earned me the spot in D1 even though I had an identical win loss ratio as another player, my good friend Andrew. When games are very evenly split in a league advancement and demotion often come down to initial placement, which was the case last cycle. Andrew had been slated below me in D2 placement at the beginning of the season because his YD rank was a few points lower than mine. We were both pleased to make the cut for D2 last month.

I created a new category this week called Studying With YD Friends. This new category is designed to account for going over aspects of YD Lectures with others in an attempt to learn things like 3-3 invasion variations. I felt like I needed a new category because it is not game review. Andrew and I spent some time going through lecture details this week.


Now for the important stuff:

My rated win loss ratio is 2:4    (33% Wins)

15:31    Essential Go Activities

3:04    22%    Live Play

5:45    37%    Go Problems

6:25    41%    Game Review


No comments: