Thursday, May 04, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: A Three Way Tie for First Place in the Go Magic League

It was a moderately active week with over 23 hours spent on Go Activities.



Two Tsumego categories came in with over 28% of activity combined.

It was a light week for Live Play with only four games being played, one of them a Correspondence Game with Clossius which he reviewed during my weekly lesson.



The big news for the week is that I finished the first season of the Go Magic League (in beta). I came in at first place, but not alone. It was an amazing three way tie with each of the winners beating one of the other winners.


Division 15 was the second Division to finish play. We might be the only division to finish with such an epic three way tie. 

The Go Magic League was fun, but there were major scheduling issues which will hopefully be improved for the second season which is currently on hold while the Leago Team works on improving scheduling moving forward.

The main problem with scheduling with Go Magic is that the default time suggested for games is not very friendly for North American Players which requires that every game must be rescheduled. I managed to do that, but it required a lot of effort. 

I'm taking a break this week because NAOL and Go Magic are both between seasons, and because I don't have a Lesson with Clossius on Friday, so I won't need games for review. As a result I will be short on games again in my next report. 

No comments: