Saturday, May 20, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: Pie Charts are Back

 



After deleting my Now Then app from both of my iPads I was finally able to regain functionality on my iPhone. Unfortunately in the process I lost a few weeks of data.

While I was patiently waiting for things to update I did keep track of my activities manually by writing down what I was doing. I was able to enter those activities retroactively which is how I was able to get a chart for the week just finished. I am quite certain that I didn't record everything. I know I did a lot more tsumego than I have listed here. 



Live Play came in as the top activity this week I played five games. Three of them were league games and two of them were played on Fox.





There is something new in my games list. I played some games on Fox.

It had been quite a few months since I had played on Fox. I use a Mac, so it was necessary for me to run the Fox Client under Parallels Desktop. It never really worked properly. I was unable to update the client in the normal fashion so every time there was an update I had to trash the old client and download the new client. This wasn't too inconvenient until even that became impossible. At that point I had to have someone with a Windows machine download it for me and make it available through a link in Dropbox. My games list never populated so I had to ask a friend to download every game I played. It was a pain in the butt so I stopped using Fox.

Last week I found out about a way to play on Fox through the web. If you are on a Mac this just might be the best way to play on Fox. The developer has a Discord server devoted to this web client. The link will probably only work for a week so join the server if you are interested. If you want to see more detailed discussion of the client you can find it in the general_go_development_chat channel. You would probably need to joinr Shawn Ray's Online Go Club Server for that link to work. Read about it to be fully informed.

Upon signing in to Fox via the web client I clicked the auto match button and played this game which I uploaded to my OGS library. It was a thrilling game because it was 1 minute of main time with 3 periods of 20 seconds of overtime.

I got a resignation after a skillful kill. I am very proud of myself. I am black.




I finally figured out how to change the time settings for auto match and tried 20min 3x60. 

I have a 6k account on Fox where I am buzzsaw as on most servers.

I also have a 3d account on Fox named buzzkill. I am planning a demotion speed run. Let's see where I end settling in with the account that I started at 3d.

No comments: