Friday, May 26, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: Fox Rank Up Speed Run

 



I created a new account for Fox. agaid8 is starting at 18k. I am hoping to do a Rank Up Speed Run to 6k which is the level of my legitimately rated Fox account.


I was especially proud of cutting off the dragon in the p6 area. I am black. This 18k account might be good for trying to see the weaknesses of my opponents.  This game actually will appear on my spreadsheet for next week.

Lest anyone think I enjoy sandbagging keep in mind that I have a 3d account on Fox. I'm doing a Rank Down Speed Run with that account. I'll be looking forward to seeing if these two accounts every meet at the same place.

These runs will be speedy compared to glacial. We'll see how much time I have to devote to these two fun accounts.

I should definitely be streaming.

Here are the details of my week.




I spent over 29 hours on Go Activates last week.

Live Play came in first place with over four and a half hours.

I played nine games one of which was a teaching game in a lesson with Clossius.

You can see by the numbers and colors in the Margin Column that this was a dismal week for me.  I had a particularly terrible game in the NAOL league. It was so horrible that it sent me into an emotional tailspin that took me a couple days to recover from. I played that game on Tuesday night and did not play again until Thursday night when I was compelled to play for AYD.




My AYD Game on Thursday started out dismally. I was prepared to resign after I totally screwed things up in the upper right corner. I am white.


I decided to soldier on for the sake of the review. It was too short a game for a decent review. My patience paid off later in the game when this happened:


I figure this was about a 32 point reversal of the game. My seven dead stones sprang to life and I killed nine black stones in the process.

In-seong was pleased that I looked at my opponent's weakness. He pointed out that the game should not have ended when it did. There was a Trouble Master problem left.


White n9 and the trouble begins.

I did feel good about playing a decent number of games this week even though I lost most of them. I am going to continue to play my league games and make an effort to play a few games on Fox again this coming week.



No comments: