Friday, July 01, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Special Training with In-seong Hwang

 


This summer In-seong Hwang is offering something very special. He is offering pre Congress private lessons and post Congress game reviews. I signed up right away when I heard about this. So did a number of others. The three lesson packages were sold out the same day they were announced. There were only 13 of the packages and they went very fast. This prompted In-seong to add more lesson packages in August. 

My 90 minute private lessons will take place on KGS using Discord voice. I'll get to speak in these lessons. I will get three of them on three consecutive days about a week before the U.S. Go Congress begins.

The second part of the Special Training consists of a two hour private review during which we will go over my five Congress games, or any five games of my choosing. it remains to be seen if I am going to do well with recording.

I'm going to have a lesson heavy month in July with private lessons from four teachers. 

I look forward to seeing In-seong at the Congress. I attended his lectures at two Congresses in the past but did not actually meet him before.

I am in the C1 league in AYD this cycle and expect to be losing all of my games. I have risen to a level where it is not really possible for me to compete, but I am going to try my best. In my AYD game last night I had to play even against a 3k. I failed miserably. In-seong asked me if I play mostly stronger players, which is the case. He suggested that I play 3 stone handicap games against weaker players to practice fighting back from a lost position. I believe that Clossius gave pretty much the same advice once. So I guess it is time to try to make those handicap games happen.


The is what my week looked like this:





It was a light week for go activity with only 23 hours spent.

Live play came in at first place at over seven hours.


I was asked to play some rated games this week, but I am afraid that Clossius is going to be disappointed. 

It was the final week of the month and I had to hustle to get in league games in the BenKyo Leagues. I expect to get a few titles in the BenKyo Free League (soon to be renamed the BenKyo Title Tournament). I also expect to win the BenKyo B League again.

Ben will be disappointed about something this week too.

He asked me to start playing different openings in my games that are not league games. Unfortunately, all of my games were League Games this week.

Tsumego suffered this week.

I must do better.

No comments: