Tuesday, July 26, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - I broke 100K Clossius Channel Points

 


I have been watching Clossius teaching on his Twitch Stream since at least December of 2020. I took a screen capture last week of the moment I broke 100K Channel Points,  and I want to provide Clossius with a shout out today. 

By the way, Clossius is going to be at the U.S. Go Congress next week, and I will get to meet him in person for the first time. This is after taking 70 lessons with him over the course of  a year and a half. 

In order to help finance his trip to the Congress Clossius has offered a fantastic deal on a package of lessons. This package should still be available on his Kofi website as of this writing, but it may disappear at any time... for certain by the end of August.  He is selling a package of 12 lessons for only $400.00 which is a deep discount over his single lesson price of $50.00 Do the math people.

The advertisement is over.

Here is how my week looked:



I put in over 29 hours on Go Activity last week with live play taking up over six hours even though I played only four games.


One of the things I did last week was to prepare for the long time limits in the U.S. Open by playing a game with another BenKyo Baduk student using 90 minutes of main time. That game took an amazing three hours to play. We had many observers come and go during that epic game. They left comments and variations in the game which we were able to view later.

I decided to have Ben Mantel review that epic game using 90 minutes of my Twitch Time. Dedicated Twitch Time is a benefit of my membership to Ben's Patreon. My time with Ben on Twitch is available to me as Highlight Videos. I'm posting a link to that review

If you are interested in getting dedicated Twitch Time like that with Ben please take a look at his Patreon Tiers. Personal Twitch time starts at Tier 4. Additionally, you can earn Twitch Time as a prize for winning 1st or second place in your League at the Tier 3 level. If you choose to join one of Ben's Tiers please mention that buzzsaw sent you because I can earn some Twitch time through Ben's new Referral System if you stick around.

I've been playing less, and studying more, as the Congress approaches. I've completed three private lessons with In-seong Hwang this week and really enjoyed the experience.

I can't wait for the Congress.

I hope to see some of you there. Look for the gray haired elderly woman with the number 8 on her name tag, and tell her that you have followed her blog. I would be happy to meet you.

No comments: