Tuesday, July 12, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Playing a BenKyo Baduk Lesson on a Real Board

 


In one of my lessons this week with BenKyo Baduk (Ben Mantle) we went over a joseki. He wants me to begin practicing its use in my games. I said I would play it out a real board first so I decided to watch my lesson video with a real board. I also played out a few other highlights of the lesson.

I was especially interested in starting to play things out on a real board because I have not played a game across the board in nearly three years. The last time was at the 2019 Go Congress in Madison. I don't want to be at a disadvantage when I sit down to play at the Congress.

Aside from enjoying my lesson on a real board, this is how the rest of my week looked:





It was a relatively light week on Go Activity with about 23 hours spent. Nearly seven of those hours were spent on Live Play. Nine games were played. Many of them were League Games.


I'm looking forward to the U.S. Go Congress in a few weeks. I'm really excited. I'll be meeting friends I made over the last three years in the Yunguseng Dojang. I will also be meeting new friends from the BenKyo Baduk Discord server.

No comments: