Sunday, July 04, 2021

My Week of Go Activities

 



This week I spent over 40 hours on Go Activities. That is a little light for me, especially given that I played a lot of games this week. I tried to meet my goal of 20 games, but fell a bit short with 17 games.

New activities for this week include practicing Pair Go for the eCongress, trying some blitz games, and doing a Shadow Go game with a fellow Clossius student.

I did really well with my rated games, all of which were on OGS. I ranked up from 9k to 8k and appear to be on the verge of ranking up to 7k.

I achieved an impressive victory of 44.5 in an AYD League game. I was disappointed that a co teacher ended up conducting the review because I really wanted In-Seong to see that game and comment on it. I hope he clicks through this game before he does my yearly review which will be due in a couple weeks at the end of this season.


There are a few new features in my spreadsheet. I’ve added a column for the day of the week that I play a game. I have started to list blitz and Pair Go games in the events column. I color coded the “R” for game number five with a green cell to indicate that I ranked up with that game. If I rank down again I will indicate it with a pink cell. I only lost five games this week out of 17 and three of them were non rated.

I will admit to being a bit protective of my rank on OGS now that I have ranked up, and am close to ranking up again. I need to get back in there and play some more rated games.


Now for the important stuff:

My rated win loss ratio is 7:2    (78% Wins)

 20:23    Essential Go Activities  (over 50%)

 9:21      46%    Live Play 

 5:06      25%    Go Problems

 5:46      29%    Game Review

 

No comments: