Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Beginner's Night at the eCongress


I'm reaching out to my friends who may be curious about the game I play called Go. The Korean name for the game is Baduk, which is a lot easier to do a Google search for.

Anyone who knows me at all is aware that I devote a good portion of my life to playing and studying the Asian board game called Go.

If you are at all curious about the game I urge you to take advantage of a rare opportunity to learn about the game along with other beginners. Tuesday, July 20th in the evening at 8:00 PM EDT the eCongress is holding a Beginner's Night on Zoom utilizing the Online Go Server as the playing venue.

Rather than trying to describe this event to you I will provide a link to the document prepared by those hosting it for the American Go Association. All of the relevant details can be found in the document.

This event isn't just for total beginners. It is also for fairly new players who have the experience to  make it through a large board game, but want help learning more.

I will be attending the event as an observer though I might end up getting recruited to help depending on how many people show up.

The image above is the ending position of a 9x9 game played by my grandson Evan while he was visiting last month. We set up an account for him on the Online Go Server and he played a number of games with bots. I reviewed these games for him afterwards. I hope he continues to learn about go online.

Come join us for a night of Go. 

Discover a new passion.


No comments: