Sunday, August 9th
I watched a BKL member play a BKL Main League Game. I left quite a few variations for black.
Monday, August 10th
I watched a BKL member stream a BKL game on Twitch. It was a complicated game with a capturing race that brought about a resignation.
Tuesday, August 11th
I hadn't played a game since I attended club last Wednesday. Clossius wants me to choose a rank to focus on to measure improvement. I had to laugh when he said that because aside from slight variations I have been 9k AGA for 14 years.
We decided to use my NAOL rank to focus on. Although I am 9k AGA, and entered the NAOL beta as 9k, I have fallen as low as 13k NAOL, and am now 12k NAOL. The competition is fierce. If anyone challenges my NAOL rank based on my OGS rank of 10k, I am pretty confident in defending it based on the fact that I have played in every season since beta. We are heading into Season 23 now. My NAOL rank might not be the best to focus on though since there are only five new games in a two month period at best.
I can't focus on my club games because we are really just trying to figure out the right handicap for each person
Because I haven't played since Wednesday I decided to play a game on PlayGo.gg. Maybe I can use my rank there as a benchmark.
I am pretty sure I got a bot. It played at my pace. The time on both sides remained virtually even throughout the game. That is a giveaway. I lost the game by 10.5 points. The thing I found the most interesting about the experience is that when I downloaded the game, and uploaded it to my SGF library on OGS, it credited us both with the rank of 5k. The server seems to have switched from listing ranks congruent with OGS to listing ranks congruent with Fox. The previous game I had played on there had me listed as 8k. I made a lot of mistakes in the game, and I will be reviewing it myself, if not with one of my teachers.
I lead a tsumego group in the afternoon. We worked on Corner Life and Death Problems using Tsumego Dragon. Six of us were in attendance.
Wednesday, August 12th
After many vacation days and doing minimal problems my backlog of problems on the Internet Go School has increased to 318 problems. I could just click through them all marking them "hard", but I'd like to avoid doing that. So I am going to have to start doing extra problems each day until I chip away at that backlog.
I watched a brief video by PaigeEdict called Corner, Side Center.
I prepared to head off to the Princeton Go Club. I decided to take my really good slate and shell stones with me. However, I checked the Discord server and noticed that I was the only person who said they were coming to club. It is too far for me to bother to drive to club if no one else is going to be there, so I decided to wait to see if anyone else said they were coming. They didn't. So I stayed home. I noticed that the second half of the Go Magic course on Life and Death had just come out, so I binged the entire second half instead of going to club.
Thursday, August 13th
Today is the 44 year anniversary of meeting my husband. We met on a Friday the 13th, so every Friday the 13th is an a bit of an anniversary.
Friday, August 14th
I started the Go Magic Course "The Fundamentals of Go on 13x13".
I conducted a one hour tsumego group class using problems from the Tsumego Hero web site.
Saturday, August 15th
I attended the BenKyo Study Group Class Wrong & Situational Corner Approaches.
I completed the Go Magic Course "The Fundamentals of Go on 13x13".
Weekly Summary
I only played one game, and I didn't take any lessons this week. I spent a lot of time avoiding doing anything meaningful by watching reruns of House, a medical drama I have watched three times before. I did at least manage to watch a Go Magic course.
No comments:
Post a Comment