Friday, June 03, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - BenKyo Speed Run

 



The big event this week was BenKyo's speed run from 8 kyu to 8 dan on Fox. Actually he did not make it all the way to 8 dan because a lot of the weaker players didn't know how to resign. He devoted 12 hours per day to the Speed Run over the course of three days. I was in attendance for more than two thirds of that time. It definitely dominated my activities this week.

The Speed Run was supposed to be two days, but due to the generosity of the people in the stream, who gifted a great many subs, the event was expanded to three days.

An additional goal was created for a future 12 hour special stream event with a variety of activities. Once again, the stream stepped up, and that goal was met as well. This event will take place soon.


I clocked nearly 48 hours on Go Activity this week.




I had great lessons this week with Yilun Yang, Ben Mantle, and Clossius. I am truly blessed.

I'd like to do a special shout out this week for Ben Mantle's Patreon. Take a look at the great tiers that he offers.

If you check out the VOD from the last day of the Speed Run you can catch one of my lessons with Ben at about the 11:07:00 mark. This VOD will expire in about a week.

Get on Ben's Discord server and watch his live streams to learn if studying with BenKyo Baduk is right for you.

No comments: