Monday, February 08, 2021

My Week of Go Activities


This week I spent only 34 hour on go activities, largely because I was very ill on Friday, which is my AYD day. I spent the majority of the day escaping into sleep, hoping that I would feel well enough to play my league game that night. Luckily I rallied just enough to play my game. I cut the review time short, however. My game was the second one. After that I left, and I watched the rest of the reviews for my group on video the next day when I was feeling better.

The YD Game Review category inched ahead of the Live Play category as the top activity for the week. I used to only watch the AYD Reviews for my own League, which is the D League. However, I have now started to watch the C League reviews as well. A number of my friends are now in the C League. The reviews are of a higher level, and I do my best to follow along.

It is worth mentioning that this is the first week in three YD cycles that I have not played in both EYD and AYD. I think it was a good decision to drop EYD. Being sick on Friday, I did not fully appreciate not having to devote eight hours of time to strictly scheduled go activities, but I am sure that I will appreciate it next week when I have my wits about me.

I reached my eight game goal for Live Play this week, but the amount of time I spent playing was considerably less than last week with the same number of games. The games were simply much shorter, especially the AYD game I played while I was sick on Friday. It clocked in at only 35 minutes even though we each had 40 minutes of basic time. I won that game by resignation, by the way.

Eight games is not feeling like enough anymore though. Clossius asked me at my last lesson if I was aiming for 100 games in a month. I'm not, but I should be aiming for more than eight a week. Perhaps 50 for the month might be a reasonable goal for which to aim.

Overall it was a good week. My win/loss ratio ended up being 5:3.

I needed to play two games on Saturday to get my eight games in. At that point I was 5:1 with my only loss being by 0.5 points. I felt pretty good about my record. I then proceeded to balance things out a bit with two losses on the last day of the week. I felt under pressure to get those two games in and it was getting late at night. I felt rushed, and I think it showed in my play. I want to avoid that next week by playing earlier in the week.


Essential Go Activities      11:41       (hours:minutes)  about 1/3 of time spent

5:09                44%              Live Play

4:47                41%              Tsumego   (Combined)

1:45                15%              Reviewing My Games


The numbers for YD games represent League Ratings


Win    1/31   KGS    arunasr-buzzsaw    B+6.5    YDFL   1119-883

Loss   1/31   KGS   Jaydee-buzzsaw    W+0.5    YDFL    1011-883

Win     2/1    KGS    plenty-buzzsaw     B+19.5    YDFL     840-883

Win     2/2    KGS    buzzsaw-plenty     W+31.5    YDFL    883-840

Win     2/3    OGS   buzzsaw-Coarse Himalayan     W+8.5    7k/8k 

Win     2/5    KGS   buzzsaw-likeyeah   W+R      AYD     883-568

Loss   2/6    OGS    buzzsaw-Mister_Y    B+R       7k/6k

Loss 2/6      KGS    arunasr-buzzsaw W+R     YDFL    1132-888



Goals for Next Week:

Replay some  pro games.
Spend more time on review.
Play more games with shorter time limits.
Try to play one OGS game early in the day. (Get a game in early.)




No comments: