Sunday, January 31, 2021

My Week of Go Activities




This was a very active week with more than 40 hours of go activity. This is the most time I have spent on Go Activities in one week.

Live Play, once again, comes in at the top of the list at over seven hours. In all fairness though, if the three Tsumego Categories were combined they would come to about 25% and exceed Live Play.


I have made a few changes in my go categories this week.  It is worth mentioning them.

I've added another Tsumego category called Tsumego Books. That makes three tsumego categories, all of which are red. I started and finished Graded Go Problems Volume 1 this week, and I started Graded Go Problems Volume 2.

I've added another Clossius category called Clossius Patreon and YouTube. So there are now three Clossius categories, all of which are shocking pink. All Things Clossi added together come to 10:26, which is 25%, and the amount of time spent on Tsumego combined.

I've changed the name of my YouTube and Twitch category to Others on YouTube, Twitch.  "Others" meaning not Clossius, so if I am watching someone other than Clossius, the time will fall within that "others" category. 

I've kept the two categories for the Guo Juan Internet Go School, but they are the same yellow-orange color now.

I've kept the two categories for the Yunguseng Dojang, but they the same yellow color now.


Essential Go Activities

I'm going to continue reporting on my Essential Go Activities each week. I've written to the developers of the Now Then app to see if I can automate that process. I will continue to do the math if I must.


Essential Go Activities      20:42       (hours:minutes)  Nearly half of all time spent.

10:25              50%              Tsumego   (Combined)

7:18                35%              Live Play

2:59                15%              Reviewing My Games


Game Records

There are only three games available for review this week. The rest are either with a player who does not want his games reviewed, or they are YD games that have already been reviewed. I met my goal of eight games.

My user names are buzzsaw, goddess, and fearless.

My win/loss ratio is 4/4

YD ranks are listed for all games with YD players rather than KGS ranks.


EYD - European Yunguseng Dojang
AYD - American Yunguseng Dojang
OGS - Time (30 min 5 of 30 AGA rules)
YDFL - Yunguseng Dojang Free League Game (40 min 3 of 30)
Games are even except OGS games +/- 1 which have 0.5 komi

Win      1/24   KGS     buzzsaw-Drewch     W+10.5     AYD     882-875

Loss     1/25   KGS     anonymous-buzzsaw         W+R      1167-893

Win      1/25   KGS     buzzsaw-Drewch          W+R     YDFL   893-866

Win      1/28   OGS     buzzsaw-Nikita Pilshchikov  W+16.5    7k/7k

Loss     1/29    KGS    goddess-remy66         B+26.5     AYD   860-762

Loss     1/29   KGS     plenty-buzzsaw          W+11.5    AYD   828-893

Win      1/30   OGS     necromant-buzzsaw       B+R       6k/7k

Loss     1/30   KGS     arunasr-buzzsaw        W+3.5   YDFL     1119-883


Goals for Next Week

I intend to play more games.

I intend to spend more time on game review. I will be asking the Clossi Approach questions as I review to build the habit of asking the questions in my games.

No comments: