Thursday, September 07, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: Antique Go Stone Purchase

 


I took delivery yesterday of a fantastic set of antique go stones from Baduk Club. They are delightful wafer shaped disks of slate and shell.


The set came with petite wooden bowls large enough to hold the stones.


I actually prefer thinner stones over thicker ones, and these will be real conversation starters if I ever make it to the Princeton Go Club again, which I definitely hope to do.

I feel like I now own a piece of go history.

Now for my usual weekly report on my Go Activity:


I engaged in nearly 23 hours of go activity last week the largest portion of which was spent watching others play.




I played eight games last week, five of which were played on Fox. Of those five games, I only played one as black. Fox players love to play black.

I'm taking a break from playing in the current week, but I will be back strong to get more games for Clossius to review in my lesson next week. This week I don't have my usual lesson on Friday. I'm moving to a schedule of alternate week lessons now that I have chipped away fairly well at my backlog of lessons.

No comments: