Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My Week of Go Activities

 



I spent thirty hours this week on Go Activities. Four were spent on Live Play.



I played eleven games this week. Two of them were simul games with In-seong Hwang which I received as compensation for having to take wins by forfeit in AYD because my opponents had failed to show up for their games. I actually had three wins by forfeit last Season which is really unusual.

I had two very close losses, and I had a loss by resignation on a game that I was winning by about 12 points when I failed to see a goose tesuji at the end. I got bitten by the goose. I actually backed into the goose all on my own. It was totally my fault and a very good lesson.

See the goose at the end of this fateful game



I should have played A. I didn't just lose ten stones. The whole group is dead because only one eye remains. It was painful. I was pleased that I got over it quickly though.



My record is nearly even on wins and losses for the week, but there was one game I was losing where my opponent timed out. That doesn't really count. There was also a game where I was losing and we both failed to notice that the counting at the end was incorrect. It worked to my advantage, but I swear I didn't notice when I accepted the faulty counting. I saw I was ahead by the score and clicked done without scanning the board. That was bad.

I am taking two hour lessons with Clossius now and he is very efficient at reviewing games quickly, so every game I played last week got reviewed by either Clossius, In-seong, or BenKyo Baduk.  In fact, I ran out of games strictly for Clossius to look at, so we glanced at end game for a few of the already reviewed games, and then we played a 13x13 game at the end to focus on end game.



I will need to make a special effort to play more games in the coming week so I have enough material for Clossius on Friday.

I am booked for two hour lessons with Clossius every Friday at 2:00 PM EST through the end of February. So come and watch my lessons live streamed on the Clossius Twitch Stream.



No comments: