Friday, January 27, 2023

My Week of Go Activities - Back to Tsumego

 



There was a time when I used to do a great deal of Tsumego problems in a week, as many as 2,000. I was told to cut back on the Tsumego and play more games, which I have done. But I started to get really lazy, and was sometimes completing only about 100 go problems a week. I decided it was time to up my tsumego practice again. I want to spend over four hours a week doing problem. I don't count the number of problems anymore, but rather the amount of time I spend. I'm not reaching my goal yet, but I will be working on it for next week.

I have a number of categories for Go Problems.

I've recently added a new category for Tsumego Hero. I've been working on some easy problems there along with some of the members of the BenKyo League. Expect to see more time devoted to Go Problems next week. Maybe I can reach the goal of four hours a week.

My report this week is quite late so I will be coming with a new report in a few days for the week just ending.


I spent 25 hours on Go Activity this week nearly nine of which were spent on Live Play.





You can see that a spent less than an hour on Tsumego this week, though I have been ramping up on Spaced Repetition Problems on the Internet Go School. I devoted nearly three hours to problems on Guo Juan's web site.





I lost a lot of games this week, but I am okay with that. I'm really not concerned with winning right now, nor too worried about my rank.

Wait until you see the additional time devoted to go problems next week.



No comments: