Wednesday, October 19, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Reviewing a BenKyo Baduk Lesson

 


Ben Mantel, BenKyo Baduk, has suggested that I play fewer games and spend more time reviewing the games I play. He also believes that it would be beneficial for me to memorize a few things. To that end he has started to take advantage of the OGS variation feature which allows you mark variations in a game record. This feature can be used in a Game Review.

In the image above there are three important elements. 

From left to right we have my MacBook Pro, my Cat, and my iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard.

On the MacBook Pro I have the Game Review which has a great many Variations added. The cat is just sleeping. On the iPad Pro I have the video of my lesson opened. As I watch the video I can stop and hover over variations or click on them to replay them move by move. 

Although it takes a bit of time in the lesson for Ben to enter the variations I think that it is going to be time well spent if it makes the sgf of the Game Review more useful. I've always thought that watching my lesson videos is valuable but have sometimes been frustrated trying to find things in the sgf that I want to click through to memorize or replay.

Now for my usual weekly content:



It was a low activity week for Essential Go Activities. I clocked in at fewer than four hours this week, most of them being Live Play.







I played only five games and one of them was a Teaching Game with Clossius during my lesson.

No comments: