Friday, April 01, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Guided Go With BenKyo

 




I spent nearly 28 hours on Go Activities this month which is fairly typical. Because the Western Server Challenge was still ongoing Live Play came in as the #1 Activity.



I logged 31 games and could not even get them into one screen capture. Because the last three of those games were logged under a different category than Live Play, I won't include them in the average time per game stat. The games took a bit over 21 minutes to play on average, and almost all of them were blitz.






The new columns "Move" and "Match" give times in seconds for the average move time and time in minutes for the total match time.



Guided Go With BenKyo has now become a monthly event. I get a good deal of Twitch Stream time with BenKyo as part of my Tier 7 Patreon Rewards. I stack two of my 60 minute time slots for a two hour session where I play go against a number of opponents with Ben guiding my thinking. 

This month I invited any BenKyo League players who had not yet played Guided Go with me to participate. I got three volunteers quite quickly.  We spent about 35 minutes per game. After that I resigned to move on to the next game. At the end of the stream Ben spent about 25 minutes total doing brief reviews of each game. 

Next month I am planning on doing only two games for the Guided Go Session in order to get farther into the middle game and to give Ben more time to review each game. Currently I am offering the Guided Go Experience only to BenKyo League members, but everyone is invited to be a part of the Twitch audience and to contribute to chat which I enjoy reading after the fact.

BenKyo Patreon Tiers include Twitch Stream Time beginning at Tier 3. Check out Ben's Tiers on Patreon.

You can view the VOD of last night's stream. It should be available for a few weeks. If it is replaced by a permanent highlight clip I will link it here.



One last thing... I finished the Western Server Challenge. I actually accumulated two additional games above what is shown in the screen shot above. I managed to finish the challenge by playing nine games simultaneously, many of which counted toward the challenge. A few of those games did not count because they were either over handicapped or under handicapped.

Due to never having played games simultaneously before the end of my Western Server Challenge experience was unpleasant, but that was because I was unprepared to deal with the tabs that kept opening in my browser. My settings were correct, so I suspect this may have been browser related. In any case I survived it and I hope to experiment with simultaneous play to make it work for me next time.

No comments: