Saturday, February 26, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - Plus Link to a BenKyo Baduk Review







I came dangerously close this week to going into "overtime" on my full time job of studying go. I put in just shy of 40 hours on Go Activities.


For the first time in quite a few weeks Live play came in at the number one activity. In order to achieve that I needed to play 18 games. I should actually say 16 games because two of them were teaching games played during lessons so they did not count toward the Live Play total time.




In fairness, the last two BuzzKill games were actually played on the first day of the next week, but I am counting them toward this week. I played them specifically to be reviewed during my lesson because Clossius had asked me to play four BuzzKill games. I had not managed to do it because I was very focused on playing BenKyo League and Canadian League games before the end of the month. Therefore I played two BuzzKill games right before my lesson.

During the Clossi Class on Wednesday I needed to look for a game I played as white. It was then that I realized I needed another column for my spreadsheet. Say, "Hello" to the C column. C for color.

Up to this point I have been doing all of my cell colors manually. Clossi suggested that I try coloring the Color Column conditionally based on the contents of the cell. I was able to figure that out.

I tried coloring the Rank and Result Columns based on the contents of the Result Column. I could color just the Result Column, but could not figure out how to extend that color into the Rank Column. I'll get it figured out.

My attempts to play BuzzKill style have been imperfect, and I need to keep working on it. I'm pleased to say that I can already see improvements in my games as buzzsaw. I guess I am making baby steps toward the desired goal.

Next week the Western Server Challenge begins. I do not expect to compete with anyone but myself. I just want to get in 100 games and earn a badge for that on OGS.

I had a review with Ben Mantle last night during his regularly scheduled Twitch Stream. In order to be able to attend at that time to get my review I rescheduled my American Yunguseng Dojang game. If you would like to see my game review you will find it at the very beginning of the VOD for the stream.

My review was supposed to be a 45 minute Patreon Twitch Time Redemption, but Ben was, once again, more generous with his time. The game was an AYD game. Though it had already been reviewed once, I like giving Ben a chance to go into greater detail on these AYD games. 

Ben's Tier 3 on Patreon comes with a 45 minute Twitch Time slot each month.

No comments: