Sunday, April 09, 2023

My Week of Go Activities: Taking a Break From Rated Games

 




This week was really short on Go Activity with fewer than 16 hours.

The Western Server Challenge is over and I am a bit burned out. As a result I am taking a break not only from rated games, but from playing in general. It was easy to do that because I didn't have a lesson with Clossius on Friday so I didn't really need to make sure I had enough go material for game reviews. I also felt like I deserved a break after playing 100 rated games last month. Occasional breaks are good.

I'm actually planning to do more studying than playing in the weeks leading up to the U.S. Go Congress. I am already registered for the Congress and have purchased my airline tickets. 

I have a lot of material to study in my recent lessons with Ben Mantle, and it is my plan to rewatch my lessons. I want to take a few notes so I can find certain material again to revisit it. There is so much to study and I feel as if I have not taken advantage of it and can't even find the things I want to study without rewatching at least six of my most recent lessons.

I am currently playing nothing but league games that I am required to play.




I am continuing with the NAOL League, the Go Magic League, the American Yunguseng Dojang, the Clossi League, and the BenKyo League, so I have plenty of league games I am obligated to play. I estimate that I will probably get in at least six games per week moving forward simply by meeting my obligations.






No comments: