Friday, September 02, 2022

My Week of Go Activities: Played Lots of Games

 


I spent about six and a half hours playing go this week.



Keeping with my method of only tracking three Essential Go Activities, my Go Week clocked in at a little over nine hours.


I was a little light on reviewing my games, though there was a good deal of review during lessons. That time, however, was not recorded as Essential Go Activity.

I played 14 games this week, one of them was a teaching game with Yilun Yang. I continued with our usual lesson activity of doing a teaching game because I didn't feel as if I had a good collection of games to use for review.

I am hoping that if I continue to play a large number of games that I will be able to select a few games to use for review in our next lesson.



Though I am showing details on only the Essential Go Activities this week, I did record other activities. I spent a little over 11 hours on Nonessential Go Activities such as lessons and watching go videos.

In my lesson with Ben Mantle on Wednesday we decided to put an emphasis on looking at attacking in my game reviews. In preparation for my lesson on Thursday I played four games as BuzzKill on KGS. We reviewed three of them. I'm going to keep trying to play more games as BuzzKill and working to recognize the weaknesses of my opponent.

In our Thursday lesson Ben showed me that I should play at 1 in the upper right and how to continue. I'm supposed to memorize this.



I think I'm going to have to make a demo file and type in the explanations from the lesson. That ought to help me.


No comments: