Monday, May 02, 2022

My Week of Go Activities - 6k Now on 101 Weiqi

 


I was getting a little discouraged about my progress on 101 Weiqi, but I managed to get another certificate this morning. I then checked when I got my 7kk certificate and realized that it was only eight days before, so I am actually making good progress. It is going to slow down now for sure.

Today I decided to edit my homework assignments so that I am getting five sets of 20 problems every day.


I believe that my intuition is improving on these go problems because I could see where this problem was going within seconds. That feels good.





Here are the stats for this week on Go Activities:






It was a very active week for Go Activities with over 37 hours spent. Most of that time was spent studying.



Tsumego 101 Weiqi came in at the number one spot again consuming at close to 10 hours and 25% of time spent.


A new category was created to time the 9x9 games that I have been playing to practice playing slowly.




I played a small number of games this week aside from the 9x9 games which are not being placed on my spreadsheet, so you do not see them here. I tried isolating under handicapped games at the bottom of the sheet, but will not be doing it again since that turned out to be a pain in the butt.

Clossius seemed pleased with my ability to slow down in the 9x9 games. I admitted that this skill has not transferred yet to my 19x19 games but I think I am doing a bit better. We decided to find a way to slow me down in my regular games. Before I can make a move in a game I need to find a cut and read it whether it is meaningful or not just to have something to do to slow myself down. 

I will be doing slow 9x9 games again every day this week before moving on to slow 13x13 games next week.

No comments: